Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner withoriginal equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting thespecialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, tocomplex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability tointegrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
The Project Engineer is responsible for conceptual design, sizing, and materials selection for complex components, complete units and portions of hydraulic systems.
- Performs conceptual design of complex components complete units, and portions of hydraulic systems.This may include sizing, performance prediction, structural definition, materials selection, and process selection.
- Minimal guidance, mainly relating to unusual design issues and customer interaction will be necessary.
- Conducts failure investigations and assists in troubleshooting of hydraulic pumps, motors, actuators and valves in a fast-faced production environment.
- Coordinates activities of the project team to accomplish tasks within schedule and budget constraints.
- Develops Qualification and Acceptance test plans.
- Interfaces with customer on a regular basis.
- Supports development and verification testing.
- Produces detailed proposals, in cooperation with the Manager, Project Engineering.
- Contributes to team effort by maintaining a positive outlook.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures, including safety requirements
- Other duties as assigned to ensure customer needs are met.
- Potential of up to 10% domestic and/or international
- Bachelor’s Degree, in Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace engineering; or the equivalent ofdirect and applicable experience in one of these fields.
- Five (5) years’ experience as a project engineer in the Aerospace industry or complex manufacturing.
- Ability to work efficiently to meet development deadlines.
- Read, understand, and effectively write English.
- Effective verbal communications in English with the ability to explain complex engineering principles in common language.
- Effective time management.
- Effective project management skills.