Project Test Engineer
Put a LIFT in Your Career! Hyster-Yale Group, Inc. (HYG), a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented engineer in our facility located in the Portland, Oregon area. HYG designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster and Yale brand names. We are one of the global leaders in the Material Handling industry and have been building relationships and partnering with our customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 80 years.
HYG is looking for an energetic individual who will have a positive influence on the organization and the Test Operations team. This position plays an important role in the validation of all new products. This individual interacts with all aspects of the organization, including design, test, marketing, manufacturing, and procurement, to ensure we deliver quality lift trucks that meet customer requirements and acceptance. Join our team as we take forklift research, development, and testing to the next level.
Ownership of the verification, validation, and test planning supporting new product development.
- Develop and manage test plans (DVP&R, cycle tests, durability tests) for full vehicle lift truck testing including interactions from all truck systems
- Research and develop new methods for product validation including off-truck tests and accelerated tests
- Create schedules aligning with project milestones and deliver on-time testing.
- Collaborate and provide support to the Manufacturing, Procurement, Marketing, Quality and Aftermarket groups.
- Communication of data analysis and test results through both verbal and written reports.
- Take a leadership role identifying and implementing processes that improve development efficiency and overall quality of validation testing.
- Develop and/or update engineering methods ensuring compliance with codes and standards while complying with ISO9000 certification.
- Supervision of other test engineers and test technicians.
- Identify and resolve development issues working closely with Design groups and suppliers.
The Successful Engineer Will Meet the Following Minimum Qualifications:
- BS/MS in Engineering with 5-10 year's work experience in the test engineering field
- Knowledge/skill in vehicle, automotive, industrial equipment, materials handling, agricultural or similar technologies
- Knowledge/skill in drafting practices, CAD, engineering analysis, design layouts
- Highly motivated with solid leadership skills and ability to work with limited supervision
- Desire for 'hands on' work in a shop environment a must and ability to operate lift trucks
- Excels in innovative thinking, troubleshooting, problem solving, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience interpreting engineering drawings (components, weldments, hydraulic and electrical schematics)
- Experience with Data acquisition systems such as SOMAT EDAQ, Vector CANalyzer including knowledge of CAN communication
- Practical understanding of machining practices, manufacturing methods and tolerances
- Experience applying risk assessment tools (DFMEA, Boundary Diagrams)
- Able to develop project schedules, resource balancing, and identifying critical path actions
- Experienced in managing a 2-4 member test team