Job ID 60458BR Date posted 02/03/2018 City Windsor Locks State Connecticut CountryUS
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Engineering Partnership Office (EPO)
Lead Supplier Designed Equipment (SDE) Project Engineer
The EPO Project Organization at United Technologies Aerospace Systems – Engine and Environmental Control Systems is seeking a Lead Project Engineer with demonstrated leadership experience in meeting customer and company objectives. Job responsibilities require an energetic and dedicated individual to operate within a faced paced, multidisciplinary team to drive execution of SDE projects.
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Manage / Lead the execution of projects in various stages of the product life cycle
- Engage UTAS Global Engineering Centers to develop and expand SDE capability
- Plan / Manage electronic program budgets, schedules, and resources
- Communication on program status to engineering leadership, customers, and the program office
- Work with customers, engineering leadership, and program office to develop/acquire new business opportunities and activities
- Understand customer/ internal processes and ensure adherence
- Define organizational/process deficiencies and implement corrective action
- 7+ years Project or Program Management experiences with Bachelors of Science in Engineering or related field
- Master's degree in Engineering or Management with 5+ years of experience a plus, preferably in a fast-paced aerospace environment.
Successful candidate will be highly adaptable and will inspire confidence in their team by maintaining a positive attitude while driving accountability and urgency.
- Experience in the Development to Production product life cycle
- Familiarity with mechanical/electrical/manufacturing engineering concepts
- Experience working and leading Integrated Product Development teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are necessary along with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience with manufacturing processes and lean manufacturing a plus
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute technical and business proposals
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project & Excel
- Experience working resource plans necessary for successful program operation required.
- US Person required
Education: BS in a relevant Engineering Discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Materials). Advanced degree in Engineering and/or Business desired.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.