Project Engineer, Supplier Designed Equipment
Engineering Partnership Office (EPO)
Lead Supplier Designed Equipment (SDE) Project Engineer
The EPO Project Organization at United Technologies Aerospace Systems – Engine and Environmental Control Systems is seeking a Lead Project Engineer with demonstrated leadership experience in meeting customer and company objectives. Job responsibilities require an energetic and dedicated individual to operate within a faced paced, multidisciplinary team to drive execution of SDE projects for PurePower Electrical Buy Components.
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Manage / Lead the execution of PurePower Electrical Buy projects in various stages of the product life cycle
- Engage UTAS Global Engineering Centers to develop and expand SDE capability
- Plan / Manage electronic program budgets, schedules, and resources
- Communication on program status to engineering leadership, customers, and the program office
- Work with customers, engineering leadership, and program office to develop/acquire new business opportunities and activities
- Understand customer/ internal processes and ensure adherence
- Define organizational/process deficiencies and implement corrective action
- 8+ years Project or Program Management experiences with Bachelors of Science in Engineering or related field
- Master's degree in Engineering or Management with 5+ years of experience a plus, preferably in a fast-paced aerospace environment.
Successful candidate will be highly adaptable and will inspire confidence in their team by maintaining a positive attitude while driving accountability and urgency.
- Experience with design, test, and manufacture of sensors and electric systems
- Experience in the Development to Production product life cycle
- Familiarity with mechanical/electrical/manufacturing engineering concepts
- Experience managing/leading projects utilizing an Earned Value Management System
- Experience working and leading Integrated Product Development teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are necessary along with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience with manufacturing processes and lean manufacturing a plus
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute technical and business proposals
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project & Excel
- Experience working resource plans necessary for successful program operation required.
- US Citizen or Person required
Education: BS in a relevant Engineering Discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Materials). Advanced degree in Engineering and/or Business desired
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job ID 55738BR