Los Angeles, CA
Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 176 days ago
Thornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We are a 100% employee-held organization of 1,200 engineers, architects, and sustainability and support professionals collaborating from offices across the United States and in Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East. We focus on providing a diverse suite of integrated services and leading innovation in our industry to ensure the continued success of our clients.
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. seeks a talented engineer with 5 years of experience for our Los Angeles, CA office.
Projects include new construction and retrofit in high rise, sports facilities, transportation, government and education.
• Assist in the direction, coordination, planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering projects within area of assigned responsibility.
• Communicate with clients to understand project requirements.
• Plan and formulate engineering program and organize project staff according to project requirements.
• Perform analysis and design of structural systems for all types of buildings and materials using various building codes.
• Manage other design team members and supervise the work of engineers and draft persons.
• Directs project staff in preparing contract documents, such as drawings and specifications.
• Master’s preferred in structural or civil engineering (P.E. preferred).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.