We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Building, Energy and Infrastructure (BEI) Group. If you want to work at a company that will help you become the best you can be, we're glad you found McKim & Creed.
- Provides technical and design services in support of the structural aspects of buildings, light industrial and public structure engineering projects as part of a multi-discipline project team.
- Directs and conducts technical evaluations.
- Responsible for completing structural engineering design tasks within budget and on schedule.
- Produces design/construction drawings, technical specifications and bid documents.
- Communicates and coordinates technical evaluations and designs, technical writing of reports and correspondence with other discipline professionals, as well as with a Project Manager and representatives of the client organization to complete work efficiently.
- Stays current with Local, State & Federal Design Standards and Regulations.
- In addition, although reports directly to senior manager, this person will have the opportunity and responsibility to develop new work and clients related to structural engineering services.
- Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering with a Structural focus.
- PA PE or PE with ability to acquire PA PE within 6-12 months of hire through reciprocity.
- 5-10 years of relevant structural engineering experience.
- Knowledge of International Building code, design standards including ASCE, ACI and AISC.
- Experience with structural analysis software such as StaadPro preferred but not required.
- Must have previous experience with structural design software
- High technical ability, interested in technology and staying current in his field.
- Good ability to communicate and a self-starter.
- Proficient in AutoCAD or similar design/drafting software.
- Requires a valid driver's license and an acceptable motor vehicle record.