?We are looking for Project Engineer? for our client in Springdale, AR
Job Title: Project Engineer?
Job Location: Springdale, AR
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- The Engineer is expected to provide leadership and management of small to mid-size projects up to $5MM from inception through funding and execution.
- For large projects over $5MM, they make act in a support role to the project manager or lead a component of the overall scope.
- This position will collaborate through all project phases with cross-functional teams at the facility and/or the corporate office such as safety, operations, finance, food safety and quality assurance including technical services, maintenance, engineering, and environmental services.
- This is especially important to determine project scope and process details while organising the appropriate resources and managing the design effort.
- This role will lead or support the bidding process to select contractors and equipment vendors which will provide the best value and quality with the demonstrated ability to deliver on schedule and on budget.
- The Engineer will generate specifications, coordinate procurement activities, and make fact-based decisions during execution to achieve the project deliverables regarding production throughput, product quality/specification adherence, functionality, budget control and schedule.
- A high degree of creativity, strategic thinking and problem solving with a mindset of continuous learning and improvement is expected.
- Additional duties and responsibilities include: familiarity with OSHA regulations as well as
- ?clients safety policies and ensure they are followed. provide engineering design and parameters for new projects and utility systems coordinate project design work including development and design for processing equipment layouts, piping diagrams, electrical, mechanical, refrigeration and other utility systems consult with financial personnel for spending analysis and project cost tracking/reporting interact and coordinate project activities with all levels of Operations and Engineering management
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Engineering or degree in related technical field.
- Experience: Internships or work experience of at least one year in engineering, food processing, construction, or other technical fields.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge and use of computer programs, spreadsheets, databases, scheduling or project management software including Microsoft Office desired. CAD training/experience with two and three-dimension drafting software preferred.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Special Requirements: Capable of working on multi-faceted projects of any magnitude under supervision; demonstrated ability to assist with complex projects on time and on budget while achieving company
- objectives; knowledge of a variety of mechanical, electrical, civil, structural, and process engineering discipline concepts, practices, and procedures.