Title: Project Engineer- Clifton, NJ
Job ID: SAS20191110-33992
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
Responsible for the day-to-day tactical duties for assigned programs. Handles and coordinates the cost/schedule/technical aspects of ongoing engineering projects within the program guidelines set by the Program Manager and customer. Serves as single point-of-contact between engineering project management and planning, engineering project team, and line management. Reviews status of engineering projects and budgets; leads schedules and prepares status reports. Assesses engineering project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and objectives. Develops mechanisms for monitoring engineering project progress and for intervention and problem solving with engineering project managers, line managers, and customers. Provides the coordination between resource managers/supervisors and ensures all necessary reviews and approvals are received. May conduct performance/project analyses during phase-down to benefit future/other engineering projects, missions, and programs.
- Guidance Given/Assignments: Received Assignments are received in task-oriented terms. Provides direction to program team members using established policies and precedents. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall quality and efficiency.
- Supervisory Relationships: Reports to Manager and/or Director of Project Engineering. Accomplishes tasks mainly through engineering project team, providing direction to team members, may have direct supervision of non-exempt and entry-level exempt employees.
- Program Complexity: Established development program for major component or small system, or production or logistics program for several components or medium systems.
- Impact: Ensures that engineering projects are completed on schedule following established procedures and schedules. Erroneous decisions or recommendations or failure to achieve results might cause delays in program schedules and result in the allocation of more resources.
- Liaison: Runs intermediate engineering project teams. Liaison normally involves specific phases of a task, engineering project or operation. External contacts involve routine matters to understand, track, drill down, and question activities and issues in all functional areas in order to influence management and resolve conflict. Negotiation, leadership, assertiveness and follow-through skills are key to successful completion of tasks. Conducts briefings to Senior Management on project health.
- Scope: Responsible for the day-to-day tactical duties for assigned programs. Plan, direct or coordinate activities within specific programs. Analyzes workflow and assigns or schedules work to meet priorities and goals. May test, revise and/or correct errors in programs and/or systems. Meets with program managers, support staff, vendors, and customers to solicit cooperation and resolve problems. Develop and implement recovery plans for off-schedule and unanticipated events. Generate various reports/deliverables.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related technical field.
- 6+ years of relevant Project Management/Electrical Design experience
- 6+ years' Background with cost accounts; "Earned Value" or "EVMS"
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Prior experience in electrical design
- Background in Electronic Warfare (Airborne Jamming, Radar Warning Receiver technology)