Jacobs serves the PharmaBio, Chemicals, Refining, Pulp & Paper, Power & Utilities, High Tech and Consumer Products Industries. Our core life sciences network has contributed to becoming the largest provider of engineering and construction services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients and we have established ourselves as the center of excellence for Pulp and Paper facilities. Jacobs provides full-service engineering, procurement, and construction management services for both new and existing facilities, offering environmental and water / wastewater support, energy audits, and hygienic / sanitary assessments. For projects of every scale we provide design, engineering, construction, commissioning, and maintenance services that support a facility’s entire life cycle.
Project Engineer/Sr. Mechanical Engineer for multiple small cap projects located on client site.
- Responsible for preparing proposals, managing project cost and schedule
- This individual completes engineering design for mechanical and piping disciplines
- Oversees small projects from engineering to construction to verification to project closeout
- Coordinates project work closely with other resources located onsite and in remote offices
- Interacts daily with client project managers
- Provides weekly status updates to home office management including project staffing and workload forecasts
- Handles additional duties as assigned by manager
- BS or MS in Engineering required (Mechanical Engineering strongly preferred)
- 10-15 years experience in Pharma and Life Sciences required
- Mechanical/Piping Engineering background required
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications is required
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks as scheduled is required
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team environment is required
- CAD experience a plus including Microstation and Autocad
- Very limited travel to other offices or for projects will be required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.