Customer Service Representative
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks a professional, innovative and detailed Project Engineer with multiple focus areas to join the Engineering Services team in the Markham, Canada or the Boucherville, Canada office. If you possess a P.E. in Quebec and are looking for an opportunity to utilize your skills as a technical leader on national and international projects and working with a great team of engineers on power system solutions with our power customers, then this position is for you!
Project Engineer (Multiple Focus Areas)
- Serve as technical lead and actively participate in complex project conceptual and detail design, execution, development, and support activities crossing multiple projects in two or more focus areas*.
- * Focus Area can include = Protection, Automation or Project Manager
- Protection = system protection, protective relays and their applications, settings, and testing
- Automation = software, integration and automation, industrial controls, PLCs, industry protocols (IEC-61850, DNP, Modbus), Ethernet systems, protocol analyzers, and industry SCADA practices
- Project Manager= Full life-cycle project management of multiple large multi-discipline projects from proposal conception to commissioning and close-out. Effectively track and stabilize projects, implement solutions for obstacles and anticipate customer needs.
- Identify, prepare and present successful proposals for SEL equipment, services, and systems. Lead project teams to resolve customer concerns and foster customer satisfaction.
- Manage projects by reviewing and approving scope, schedule and budget for assignments.
- Ensure project team deliverables are within agreed upon scope, schedule and budget to a high level of quality and safety.
- Collaborate in SEL marketing, sales, application engineering and development activities.
- Mentor and develop professional staff. May supervise as necessary.
- Continuously identify, measure, and improve processes.
- Understand. Create. Simplify.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS degree in ElectricalEngineering, or related discipline, from an accredited university
- Professional Engineers License in Quebec
- Minimum 10 years of experienceengineering or managing projects for electric power systems: protection, automation, design or related practice
- Strong knowledge of protective relay or automation applications
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
- Supervisory experience
- Electrical utility, consulting, or system integrator experience
- PMP certification or equivalent
- Working knowledge of Deltek Vision and/or Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains