This position includes the design, budgeting, scheduling, and management of various projects, providing daily technical and troubleshootingsupport in the facility, working closely with the Engineering and Maintenance staff involving a variety of tasks including procurement of equipment, coordination or contractors and capital and maintenance projects. Additional duties include the administration of the mechanical integrity program, according to OSHA 1910.119, Process Safety Management and maintaining site drawings.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Plant Capital Projects:
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management.
- Determines project schedule and costs.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Controls project costs by approving expenditures; administering contractor contracts.
- Coordinates contractors from selection to project completion
- Prepares project status reports.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains project database.
Mechanical Integrity Program:
- Administrates Mechanical Integrity Program, in accordance to OSHA PSM 1910.119.
- Performance management of vendors.
- Developing written management systems for Mechanical Integrity program, including identifying pertinent recognized and generally accepted good engineering practices.
- Developing inspection, testing and preventive maintenance plans
- Identifying and writing maintenance procedures
- Integrating program into computerized maintenance management system.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical Engineering or related field required.
- 5+ years work experience in a manufacturing environment, including knowledge of project management.
- Demonstrated ability to design, manage, and implement ($50k to $500k) projects of a technical nature which may require preparation of equipment specifications and bid documents.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to follow directions, and ability to meet deadlines.
- A comprehensive knowledge of relevant legal regulations (OSHA PSM 1910.119, API, ASME, ASSE, ANSI, etc.)
- Able to make independent decisions as well as operate in a team environment.
- Strong PC Skills needed, including working knowledge of AutoCAD, Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels of organization.