Our client, a top chemical manufacturer in the St. Louis area is looking for a top Project Engineer to come on board at their 500-person plant. The existing employee is nearing retirement and now is the time to bring on some new talent to ease the transition. We have worked with this client for the past several years and have found that everyone there really enjoys the environment and frequently we find that most people have been there for most of their career. Come for the opportunity...stay until retirement.
Manage budget and schedule for small to mid-level capital projects to ensure project deliverables and expectations are met. Accountable for all engineering and construction activities for assigned projects. This is an intermediate engineering position typically responsible for several small to mid-size projects and works under limited supervision.
- Ensure that Safety is the project's highest priority.
- Work with Process Design and all Plant Functional groups to effectively execute small to mid-level projects within the plant.
- Work with the site HSES lead to obtain necessary permitting and ensure all PPA/PHA action items are addressed during the project cycle.
- Manage and obtain estimates during the various phases of the project cycle.
- Develop milestone engineering and constructionschedules for the project.
- Report on project status vial monthly written reports.
- Establish the SAP Work Breakdown Structure for the project for effective cost flow, management, and final asset settlement.
- Issue and approve requisitions for purchase of materials and labor services for all capital projects.
- Establish a project management of change procedure for the project and ensure that it is strictly adhered to after the project.
- Work with Plant Operations and Maintenance to obtain their input in all phases of the project cycle. Deliver on the Plant's Operational and Maintenance expectations.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with Key Project Stakeholders, Process Design Engineering, Plant Functions, Discipline Leads, Business Leads, Finance and Purchasing.
- Close out finished projects in a timely fashion via the issuance of Notification of Startup (NSU) and Advice of Physical Completion (APC) forms.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering. Advanced degreepreferred
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of project engineering principles and application of those principals in the Chemical/Manufacturing environment typically acquired through 5 or more years of experience
- Accuracy - ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Decision Making - ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures
- Energetic - ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work
- Ethical - ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty/Integrity - ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace
- Leadership - developing ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions
- Self-Confident - the trait of being comfortable in making decisions for oneself
- Communication, Oral - ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word
- Communication, Written - ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely
- Accountability - ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions
- Organized - possessing the trait of being organized or following a systemic method of performing a task
- Negotiation Skills- developing ability to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties
- Detail Oriented - ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task