Job Purpose & Responsibilities
• Coordinate teams to design and execute capital improvement projects including new equipment installations and existing facilities refurbishment or replacement. Critical deliverables include budget, schedule, and scope attainment.
• Plan and coordinate the required project resources including funding, internal human resources, contract labor, facilities, etc.
• Coordinate the development of all project documentation and process safety information including design basis, process flow diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams, management of change, construction plans, etc.
• Interface with EHS, maintenance, and operations personnel to ensure compliance with process requirements, equipment specifications, operating and maintenance procedures, etc.
• Familiar with project management tools and processes.
• Ensure project team aligns with all safety requirements including but not limited to SABIC EHSS / SHEM requirements and federal regulations through all phases of projects development and execution
• Ensure proper application of Process Safety Management in Site Projects
• Review and approve Concept Development Package provided to E&PM by affiliate
• Work with stakeholders for FEED development and review of all relevant documents.
• Support project controls in development of a level 1 schedule with all key activities.
• Confirm development and floating of ITB/ RFQ during bidding stage.
• Create PR, ensure approval per authority, and manage bids technical clarifications & evaluation, confirm PO placement.
• Document project execution strategy.
• Ensure risk identification and mitigation by PMT; monitor risk during all project phases.
• Ensure proper engagement with PAC by project controls and that reviews of project deliverables are conducted per Americas Region PAC guidelines.
Project Planning & Execution:
• Ensure project controls resources are executing estimating, scheduling, cost control by following PAC procedure and requirements.
• Coordinate PMT to establish and implement a project execution plan that covers the assigned project deliverables.
• Apply project resources according to the approved project plan.
• Implement approved project procurement plan.
• Responsible to maintain project quality according to SABIC QA/QC requirements & procedure.
• Document any approved change requests from relevant stakeholders. Manage change to preserve commitment to cost and schedule.
• Work with project controls to monitor the progress of projects and ensure project controls publishes a project progress report as required regarding project performance in schedule, cost, quality and safety.
• Review and monitor Project Schedule in all phases (engineering, procurement, construction, pre-commissioning/ commissioning) and ensure integrity of overall schedule.
• Work with Construction Manager to support construction activities of ongoing projects. Coordinate communication regarding technical support during the construction phase.
• Review and monitor all budgeted project expenditures.
• Monitor cash flow forecasts and report actual cash flow and variances as required.
• Ensure proper project close-out and confirm that project deliverables are on time and required level of quality.
People Management & Communication:
• Ensure roles and responsibilities of project team members are clear.
• Implement effective communication to pass information to all relevant stakeholders. Promote knowledge sharing through communicating best practices with the project team.
• Apply as applicable all lessons learned from recent projects and collect all lessons learned during implementation of the projects.
Requirements Education and Training
• BS Degree in Engineering or
• Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in a project engineering/management role of industrial
• PMP Certification
• Minimum 5 years in a project engineer role or applicable industrial plant support of construction projects.
Job Specific Skills
• Knowledge of SABIC Engineering Specifications an advantage
• Knowledge of Industry Standards and codes
• Knowledge with engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, engineering standards specs and codes
• Knowledge of PC & applicable software related to projects
• Good knowledge of SAP (Project System) an advantage
• Good project management skills and knowledge of project management processes
• Quality oriented towards project success
• Leading Teams
• Developing others
• Technical background
• Analytical thinking
• Conceptual thinking
• Understands and applies the basics of Project Management
• Ability to negotiate basic issues
• Experienced with basic cost management and control
• You must submit your application for employment online to be considered. Please submit your resume using the apply online option on this page.
• You must be 18 years or older
• You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
• You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
• You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States