Rockwell Automation (RA) is seeking a Lead Process Control Engineer to serve as the lead engineering resource of the project team that delivers process control systems in line with RA process strategy and customers’ goals and objectives within the Oil and Gas (O&G) industry
- Experience implementing traditional DCS projects and conversions (both DCS and SIS, PSM covered processes).
- 8+ years process automation and control experience with at least 5years leading process automation project implementation.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or technology is required
- Oil and gas operations experience in support of process control systems (MES/ERP systems is a plus)
- Experience implementing traditional DCS and/or PLC projects and conversions
- Knowledge of current and legacy DCS platforms
- Strong team player and positive attitude
- Legal Authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment VISA, nor in the future for this job opening.
- Experience with PlantPAx (Logix, Historian, ViewSE, Batch, AssetCentre, VantagePoint)
- Midstream and upstream oil and gas industry experience (specifically pipeline, gas processing, terminal automation, onshore production)
- Familiar with process control standards
- Ability to communicate effectively and highly capable to motivate self and others
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment
- Able to travel, as required, to support customer engagements and project execution.
- Demonstrated Industry experience to draw from which provides intimate understanding of customer motives and business drivers
- Ability to Lead a technical team including other engineers, product business units(BUs), consultants, partners and Rockwell customers to provide process control systems that will improve efficiency, quality, and profitability.
- Capable of establishing design criteria and specifications for process control systems in accordance with the project requirements.
- For smaller projects, willing to take a “hands on” approach to include programming, testing and supporting site.
- Attention to detail and complete follow up in every aspect of an assigned project including ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet various deadlines.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This role will work as part of our Systems and Solutions Business (SSB) team, and serves as the lead engineering resource of the project team that delivers process control systems in line with RA process strategy and customers’ goals and objectives. The purpose of the Oil and Gas Lead Process Control Engineer position is to lead/implement standard and complex process control solutions to successful completion while focusing on continuous improvement of margin, customer satisfaction, schedule, quality and safety performance.
This position is responsible for the overall technical design and technical scope of the systems and/or solutions in scope of the project. All solutions are to be designed and implemented in complete alignment with Rockwell standards, design rules and guidelines. The desired oil and gas industry domain expertise consists of understanding major oil and gas processes and unit operations, process control applications, plant-floor KPIs, and understanding industry trends regarding process control system technology usage to solve business problems.
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure that required prerequisites (e.g. design inputs, tools, documentation, deliverables, schedule, budget) are in place prior to commencing work.
- Provides technical leadership, support and expertise for the project team.
- Produces and/or approves functional and detailed design specifications.
- Develop required documents per customer standards (electrical panels, P&IDs, loop sheets, and system architecture).
- Identify and analyze design changes and modify documents accordingly.
- Executes project to appropriate standards and quality management system requirements.
- Monitors and controls assigned work scope against the project plan.
- Select equipment and materials to project requirements.
- Shares technical knowledge with project team, proposal team, product business units, sales, consultants, etc
- Manages progress and technical problems and/or changes
- Acts as technical interface with customers, establishing professional relationships to ensure that the technical project requirements are fully defined, agreed and delivered within schedule and cost constraints.
- Acts as technical interface to 3rd party suppliers to assure correct functionality of the 3rd party deliverables including the correct integration of those deliverables in Rockwell solutions.
- Ensures that required prerequisites (e.g. design inputs, tools, documentation, deliverables, schedule, budget) are in place prior to commencing work.
- Ensures that the engineered solution meets project requirements, across all disciplines, in terms of functionality, Rockwell standard designs & design rules, quality, and supports documentation and implementation process at minimum cost by optimizing use of global technology and productivity tools
- Monitors and controls technical project scope against the project plan and Functional & Detailed Design Specifications,
- Monitoring progress and performance of engineering contractor / equipment vendors during the
- Ensures effective change control and identifies risks / opportunities.
- Reports progress and technical problems and/or changes to project manager.
- Inspect equipment at the factory to ensure compliance with specifications and procurementdocumentation.
- Attend and contribute to site and project technical meetings as necessary.
- Assist in completion and handover documentation as necessary.
- Lead Factory acceptance testing for customers
- Pre?commissioning, Commissioning and start?up support to operations.