Plans, develops, manages and coordinates engineering activities for construction projects.
Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties
• Manages project engineering activities to ensure they comply with company and contract requirements and support overall construction schedule.
• Supports the development, updating, and approval of construction schedules.
• Provides technical support for construction efforts including design interpretation, application of construction methods, resolution and documentation of design conflicts and constructability reviews.
• Interfaces with all on-site departments to resolve problems and to ensure quality of construction, project safety, and adherence to project specifications, in support of overall project schedule.
• Supervises field layout and surveying activities.
• Observes work flow, anticipates any potential schedule changes, and coordinates with superintendents on delivery of materials and staying on schedule.
• Reviews change order drawings and specifications; develops, tracks and negotiates proposals and change orders.
• Assists in preparation of bids, including assisting with take-offs, requests for pricing, project set up, quality control, design reviews and other related tasks.
• Reviews, analyzes and resolves field construction problems and discrepancies.
• Advises the Project Manager of serious schedule conflicts and problems, and works with field supervision to resolve schedule conflicts.
• Analyzes permanent material requirements, solicits quotations and prepares formal purchase agreements.
• Develops requirements for specialized equipment and works with vendors to obtain customized equipment.
General/Other Responsibilities and Duties
• Supports/assists with monitoring and forecasting of project costs and revenues; assists with development of new methods to improve costs.
• Develops, implements, and administers project engineering procedures and other work controlling documents.
• Handles business correspondence, billing and financial reporting.
• Solid knowledge of surveying, equipment applications, and overall engineering is essential.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
• Ability to read and comprehend plans and specifications, and to comprehend and recognize safety standards and issues.
• Knowledge of general contract and subcontract documents.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills.
• The ability to effectively interact with both customers and employees.
• The ability to work independently as well as operate successfully as part of a collaborative team.
• The ability to successfully execute decisions.
• The ability to grasp facts, processes, and procedures quickly in a rapidly changing environment.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
• Works outdoors at construction sites as well as indoors.
• Frequently stands, walks, climbs, balances, stoops, and crouches while negotiating work areas under construction.
• Sits, reads, writes and uses a computer keyboard.
• May be exposed to harsh weather conditions including very hot and very cold weather.
REQUISITION NUMBER: 20180111-43001-001