The engineers in the propulsion and fluid controls team are passionate about space exploration, the strategic defense of our nation and are excited to be working in this market. They think rocket propulsion and advanced fluid control are cool (or hot depending on the application). They are always thinking of ways to solve our customer's tough technical, schedule or cost problems. If you see the world the same way, please consider joining our team.
The Project Engineer is a primary motivator and contributor to the analysis, conceptual design, development, and testing of complex control hardware used on military, commercial and NASA vehicles and equipment.
As a Project Engineer in the Propulsion and Fluid Controls Group, you can expect to…
- Develop new product requirements through consulting with customers and sales personnel.
- Establish and monitor engineering project budgets and schedules.
- Validate conceptual problem solutions by performing trade studies and analyses.
- Prepare successful proposal designs, cost estimates, and shoulder the responsibility for writing the technical volume.
- Operate as a key element in a team of creative, independent individuals.
- Represent Moog in a manner consistent with its technical reputation.
- Create reliable designs through a comprehensive experimental development test program.
- Document designs, analyses, and test results with accurate and concise reports.
- Consult on new product and market development efforts.
- Assist in interviewing, training, and counseling junior engineers.
- When applicable supervise subordinate engineers and project/product engineering technicians
A successful candidate will…
- BS Engineering Degree in Mechanical, Aeronautical or Electrical Engineering with 6 years of relevant experience, with a preference for a MS Degree in Engineering with 3 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated understanding achieved through experience in the design, analysis, development and production of complex electromechanical hardware
- To fulfill the demands of design and development of new products you must have self-starting instincts and strong analytical skills.