At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world's hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you looking for an exciting career as a Project Engineer in a lead role at one of the top Aerospace and Defense Companies? Do you have the dedication and passion to make a significant contribution to mission success?
In this Project Engineer role, you will be responsible for working as the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) Acquisition/Proposal Lead focusing on Advanced Capability Development (ACD) and other future contracts. The main role of the THAAD New Business Team within the context of proposal development is to provide leadership and oversight as well as acquisition strategy to the THAAD ACD, TFSC FMS, and Production contracts.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Leading/working with the appropriate groups who handle inputs to our proposals
• Collecting and organizing Component inputs, work new business vs. execution issues, and Basis of Estimate (BOE) review
• Understanding Task Orders and CLIN structures
• Closely coordinating technical and schedule requirements with multiple teams (technical and finance) within THAAD including the interface between Sunnyvale, Huntsville and Dallas NB Teams
• Working effectively in fast paced and dynamic environment
• Leading effectively across all business functions
• Leadership of multi-functional team across multiple Lockheed Martin sites
• Exposure to Senior Management, Directors and Central Management
• Program management and multi-functional leadership skills are requisite to success in this position.
• Handling and being responsible for the operational aspects of ongoing projects; serving as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management
• Reviewing status of projects and budgets; handling schedules and preparing status reports
• Lead responsibilities including training and guiding junior team members
Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.