Weston & Sampson is seeking a Project Engineer/Project Manager with 10-15 years of experience in our Portsmouth, NH office. This position will lead a team of wastewater engineers on the planning, design, and construction administration of wastewater projects for our predominantly public-sector clients across New Hampshire and Maine and in collaboration with other wastewater teams on projects throughout the northeast. This position would interface in a project management capacity with a wide range of disciplines including structural, architectural, geotechnical, SCADA/I&C, and MEP, as well as with our construction managers and operations staff from our companion companies.
What you’ll do:
- Supervise and lead project teams in the development of engineering reports, studies, and designs, utilizing recognized industry standards and regulatory-compliant approaches.
- Supervise and lead project teams in the field evaluation and assessment of existing facilities, including collection systems, pumping stations, and treatment facilities.
- Assess opportunities and define project scope, schedule, and fee, as well as determine work procedures and staffing and subconsultant assignments.
- Support the procurement of construction services, including support and evaluation of public bidding, contract execution, and construction administration.
- Supervise, train, and mentor engineering and non-technical support staff.
- Pursue new work opportunities through established client relationships, market sector awareness, and competitive pursuits, including participation in proposal development and interviews / presentations.
- Participate in professional organizations and technical committees.
What you will bring:
- BS in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- New Hampshire and Maine PE license or ability to secure through comity
- 10 to 15 years of relevant experience working with municipal clients in engineering or project management roles, including:
- Evaluation, study, and design of municipal wastewater treatment facilities, pump stations, and collection/conveyance systems,
- A high degree of treatment process and pump sizing/hydraulics knowledge, and
- Understanding of typical project funding mechanisms, local government budgeting and procurement processes, and federal, state, and local regulations.
- Demonstrated experience with:
- Managing technical and support staff,
- Working as direct client manager,
- Overseeing multiple projects concurrently,
- Adhering to project budgets, tracking financial performance, and managing invoicing, and
- Preparing competitive proposals and leading interview teams.
- Cost estimating experience.
- Have strong communication skills (oral and written) and be able to remain organized with multiple concurrent projects and deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Adept at interpersonal relationship skills, conflict resolution, team leadership, and presentations.
- Active member of relevant industry associations.
- Possessing high ethical standards, committed to producing high quality deliverables, and a commitment to teamwork, respect, and integrity.