Immediate and exciting new project engineering opportunity, in the Poughkeepsie, New York region. If you are looking to grow your career in the buildings market, this opportunity is one not to be missed. Qualified applicants should have a degree in engineering, construction management, or other related degrees, along with 5 years experience in construction project engineering on similar projects (commercial, college, educational, hospitality, resort, manufacturing, industrial, healthcare, life sciences) over $20 million as a project engineer with a strong civil background, and experienced in estimating, scheduling, and office engineering.
Job Budget and Cost
- Prepare and submit budget changes.
- Assign costs to the correct job cost structures.
- Read and review the project's owner's contract.
- Review design drawings and specifications to identify potential issues.
- Generate and process RFIs.
- Prepare change orders to the owner's contract in CMiC.
- Assemble and distribute bid packages.
- Contact appropriate vendors and suppliers to obtain pricing information.
- Obtain scopes of work and quotations from subcontractors and vendors.
- Perform scope and price reviews to ensure complete coverage of the work.
- Review subcontractor and vendor quotes regarding scope, pricing, and schedule.
- Analyze and negotiate subcontracts, purchase orders, change orders, and subcontract/PO change orders.
- Develop and maintain the contract document logs (design drawings, specifications, ASI, etc.).
- Maintain and distribute conformed contract documents.
- Manage bid package addenda.
- Update and distribute documents such as design drawings, specifications, RFIs, submittals, potential change items, change orders, schedules, etc.
- Update and distribute document logs for design drawings, specifications, RFIs, submittals, potential change items, change orders, punch lists, etc.
- Generate a submittal log at the onset of the project.
- Review submittals for compliance and compatibility.
- Expedite submittals as needed to ensure that construction activities aren't delayed.
Subcontractors and Vendors
- Prepare subcontracts, purchase orders, change orders, and other commitments in CMiC.
- Prepare agenda, take notes, and disseminate subcontractor coordination meeting minutes.
- Perform project management duties timely so as not to delay field activities.
- Ensure materials and equipment are delivered in accordance with schedule requirements.
- Keep progress up-to-date in the project schedule.
- Modify the schedule as required to reflect changes to the owner's contract.
- Verify material deliveries for compliance to contract requirements and submittal data.
- Sign and submit packing slips for deliveries.
- Review unpaid subcontractor and vendor invoices to ensure payment according to terms.
- Cost-code subcontractor and vendor invoices.
- Ensure subcontractor and vendor invoices are in compliance with project tax requirements.
- Direct preconstruction efforts including scope reviews, price negotiations, value engineering suggestions, etc.