Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
As a Project Engineer you will be immersed in the following activities:
- Coordinating setting team meeting agendas, leading team meetings and driving action item closures
- Team activity scope control, including status and corrective action plans to budget challenges
- Coordination of engineering change activities
- Coordination and driving failure investigation activities
- Driving issue resolution closures due to assembly, test and procurement challenges.
- Ability and desire to become and perform export classifications for the program. The candidate will drive the execution of all engineering responsibilities on the program while meeting both internal and external customer expectations. Direct communication with customers will be required – including daily tag-ups, weekly meetings, and quarterly meetings.
- This position requires strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written), technical experience, and the ability to work as cross-functional team member.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience and familiarity with product production build and test (specifically with respect to low volume hardware).
- Natural presence/comfortable presenting to internal and external customers.
- Experience troubleshooting (specifically with respect to MRB disposition) in troubleshooting problems on the production floor and coming up with creative solutions that maintain product quality while minimizing cost/schedule impact
- Ability to bring team members together and work problems to resolution.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Planning, adaptability, organizational and negotiation skills for effective team management
- Ability to anticipate project risks and build contingency plans.
- Manage hardware contracts from stages of proposal through delivery, including tracking procurement status, establishing engineering and operations efforts, and oversight of assembly and test progress.
- Interface with both internal operations and engineering functions to facilitate assembly, test, and delivery of hardware.
- Participate in regular reviews with the customer to communicate status of contracts and schedule.
- Provide direction to IPT (Integrated Product Team) for actions on in-process hardware.
- Develop and manage program schedules to drive on-time contract deliveries.
- Participate in contract proposals, including BOE and BOM estimates.
- Utilize Earned Value methodology to forecast program demands and track project completion.
- US Citizen.
- Project Management Professional Certification
- This job may be considered a sensitive position in accordance with NASA Guidelines. If so, the selected candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per NASA's regulation subpart 1823.5 Drug-Free Workforce.
Education and Certifications:
- BS Electrical degree w/ 5 + years of experience.