Project Engineer - NPI
Primary Objective of Position
As Project Engineer you will manage new extrusion projects from initiation through commercialization and to provide technical support to customers on new and/or existing applications, as well as, integrate the product design needs of the customer application with available material properties to develop valued solutions.
Major Areas of Responsibility
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain and lead projects utilizing company-identified project management systems and tools.
- Project manage new profiles through the company?s NPI process; facilitate NPI meetings, communicate status and address issues.
- Work withsales personnel to provide technical and design assistance to customers for new projects.
- Manage project resource allocation, plan and schedule project timelines and track project deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Delegate project tasks as required.
- Develop and build relationships with customer engineers, purchasing and quality personnel to provide a customer-intimate experience.
- Provide internal/external technical support of assigned applications, maintaining the appropriate documentation throughout the product life cycle.
- Design and dimension products which meet established criteria and specifications utilizing CAD to create appropriate prints.
- Establish and conduct the appropriate test procedures to ensure that the product meets customer application requirements.
- Supports company policies and procedures and conduct departmental and company activities in accordance with these policies.
- Every employee is expected to support the company Quality Management System (QMS) in accordance with the Quality System Manual and Documented Procedures.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor?s degree in Engineering (Plastics, Mechanical, Chemical w/coursework or background in characteristics of thermoplastics & elastomers, properties & applications of thermoplastics, polymer blends and alloys) and/or equivalent combination of education and product design.
- 8 - 10 years of previous experience working in a manufacturing setting with a minimum of 5years of project management experiencedesired.
- Experiencewith thermoplastics preferred.
- Previous experiencewith Project Management software required.
- Decision making and prioritization skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, CAD, and other software as required.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including verbal, written, presentation and negotiation.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Completion of Lean tools and principles coursework desired.
- Strong, hands-on, problem-solving capability.
Responsibility for Work of Others
This position has no direct Supervisory responsibilities.
This is a great company to work for with outstanding leadership and growth opportunities. Excellent benefits and location is just South of the Twin Cities metro area.