Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.See More
If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestle is the place for you. Nestle USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestle's presence in the United States. We're in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We're determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career, and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, it's about enriching you.
To handle the introduction of new fixed assets into the company. This could involve the relocation and optimizing of the existing fixed asset base and/or the purchase of new fixed assets. It may extend from the initial conceptual studies through to project closeout.
• propose and implement work processes, procedures and technical resources in accordance with the Engineering Policy, Key Principles and the Project Management Activity as outlined in the Nestle Engineering Excellence (NEE) master document.
• coordinate personnel (e.g. other project engineers, technicians, contractors etc.) to ensure the projects objectives are satisfied.
• propose and control the cost of the project in accordance with to the Guidelines for Capital Investment.
• propose and monitor the project in accordance with the key performance indicators.
• demonstrate and promote the company's values.
The functional responsibilities for a Project Engineer are outlined within the NEE master document. The main responsibilities being to:
• ensure that one exhibits an attitude of absolute intolerance for unsafe situations and never implement any change, whether directly instructed to, or under your own initiative, without first questioning its impact in relation to product safety/quality, people safety and the environment. No compromises will be tolerated.
• ensure that the highest principles of ethical conduct on behalf of the community, consumer, company, and the engineering profession are adhered to and that all dealings are maintained within a competitive and fair environment and above reproach.
• support and encourage clear and open communication between the team members and related stakeholders, e.g. site and market management, PTC, CO Engineering, CT Packaging and the SBU.
• ensure that the procedures for protecting Nestle's technological and proprietary know-how are in place and actively being implemented.
• ensure that the requirements of the client are maintained at all times in accordance with the business needs.
Specific responsibilities relating to the conceptual study phase (feasibility & approval):
• ensure that all projects are designed for the long term and result in a positive impact on the company ROIC.
• thoroughly challenge the supporting documentation even if it is provided by other functions.
• prepare the project for approval in accordance with the Guidelines for Capital Investment.
Specific responsibilities relating to the design phase:
• ensure that all assets are well designed (i.e. plant layout, equipment selection etc.)and fit the business purpose through applying new technologies, proven principles, thorough design reviews and basic science.
• support all Value Engineering Analysis (VEA) studies.
• ensure that the design is directed towards a low cost, highly efficient and flexible operation.
Specific responsibilities relating to the implementation phase:
• ensure safe work sites at all times and installations that are easy to operate, clean and maintain as well as guaranteeing after commissioning the safe, consistent manufacture/distribution of quality products.
• ensure that when working with external engineering services, contractors, suppliers etc. that the scope, deliverables, performance and milestones are clearly detailed and agreed up front.
• ensure that a progress report is prepared for all projects on a monthly basis.
Specific responsibilities relating to the start-up/close out phase (commissioning/final report):
• ensure that the project scope is achieved within the agreed cost and timing.
• ensure that the operators, mechanics, electricians etc. are effectively trained and that the transfer of the equipment to the client is both smooth and efficient. This includes all the supporting documentation that will be required by the client to operate and maintain the plant. e.g. operating instructions, equipment manuals, plant layouts, maintenance instructions, spare parts listing etc.
• manage the allocation of all expenditures to clearly defined assets and the entry into the assets register.
• complete the project file and ensure that it is handed over to the client.
• complete a final report on all projects and ensure that this is circulated to the key stakeholders.
• Propose and control the cost of the project in accordance with to the Guidelines for Capital Investment.
• Control the cost/value of capital expenditures to ensure Nestle' receives the best value for total cost of operation.
• Prepare and manage capital budgets to meet the scope and timelines required to deliver project objectives.
Qualifications - External
PREFERRED UIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering Field. preferred Mechanical Engineering, Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering).
• Minimum 3 - 5 years experience in a technical field in a food manufacturing facility
General and professional skills
• Strong technical, managerial and leadership skills.
• Project Engineering/Management.
• Plant design & construction.
• In-depth knowledge of food processing plant and technology.
- Hygienic engineering.
• Knowledge of food safety, regulatory requirements for food safety and equipment.
• Communication and Networking.
• Understanding of financial analysis and relevant business drivers
- Nestle Standard Costing.
- CAPEX budgeting and preparation.
• Local language and/or English.
• MS Office, MS Project, MS Excel, Basic AutoCAD or Visio.
• Capital Investment Approval & Tracking (CIAT) tool.
Travel = 5%
The Nestle Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status
Valid through: 11/17/2021