WSP is currently seeking a Project Engineer – Municipal Infrastructure to join our Municipal Infrastructure department, located at our Kitchener office. Reporting to the Manager of Municipal Infrastructure this position will be responsible for managing the design and project management of a variety of municipal infrastructure projects, such as site developments and road reconstructions, of various sizes and in many locations.
Your primary focus will be designing and project management of municipal infrastructure projects by open cut, trenchless technologies, and rehabilitation. Responsible for the design of new and/or reconstruction of a variety of infrastructure projects as well as the preparation of construction specifications, servicing reports, cost estimates, work programs, project budgets, proposals and other administrative duties.
We are looking for someone with a strong technical background who can lead a team from start to finish on a variety of different projects. Must be able to work within a provided budget and schedule to make the overall project a success. This position offers the opportunity to work on an array of project types in many locations in Ontario, so flexibility, willingness to learn and the ability to travel will all be required for this position.
- Manage the design of public and private sector municipal servicing projects under the direction of the Manager of this position;
- Actively participate in the design and provide direction tothe design team throughout the design process;
- Liaise with the various municipal/utility/approval agencies;
- Be responsible for project budgets, project schedules, and client communications;
- Lead a multi-disciplinary project team to undertake major infrastructure projects;
- Apply proven design experience including conceptual, preliminary and detailed designs;
- Manage design and project execution for municipal infrastructure projects including: site developments, water resources, sewers, water mains, road design;
- Mentor and coach a team of engineers and technologists;
- Contribute to RFP, Bid and Proposal documents; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 10+ years of municipal infrastructure experience for Public and Private Sector projects in Southern Ontario;
- Professional Engineer designation in Ontario;
- Knowledge and application of Ontario Environmental standards and guidelines;
- Experience with sewer, watermain, and road design;
- Familiarity with local planning/approval processes;
- Experience working with the various Region of Waterloo municipalities;
- Valid G Driver’s license;
- Project Management experience on municipal and/or private sector projects an asset; and
- Knowledge and experience with Trenchless Technologies an asset.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).