WSP is currently seeking a Project Engineer to join our Municipal Engineering department, located at our Owen Sound office. Reporting to the Manager this position will be responsible for preparation of engineeringreports, documents, and drawings involving the planning, analysis and design of Municipal infrastructure projects.
- Design linear infrastructure and water and wastewater facilities;
- Coordinate the preparation of drawings required for approvals, prepare development and construction cost estimates;
- Contribute to the cost effective, proper and timely production of engineering designs, that meet all client and approval agency requirements and standards;
- Coordinate with other team members to ensure schedules, budgets and quality control standards are achieved;
- Provide constructionsupport and/or project management services for municipal, provincial, and federal projects as required;
- Provide technical guidance to junior technical staff (E.I.T. and C.E.T);
- Provide Quality Management by ensuring quality procedures are followed for drawings and reports;
- Actively participate in business development opportunities
- Develop and maintain ongoing client relationships;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelordegree in Civil Engineering or equivalent;
- 8+ years’ experience in the design of municipal infrastructure and/or transportation projects;
- Municipal engineering background (water and wastewater, municipal road reconstructions, land development, multidiscipline);
- Design experience in stormwater management will be considered an asset;
- Licensed to practice under the Professional Engineers Ontario;
- Engineering consulting experience will be considered an asset;
- Experienceworking with Indigenous communities is considered an asset;
- Self-starter, attention to details and ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).