We are looking for a Project Engineer to focus on mixed signal hardware. You will be responsible for the design of equipment from the initial circuit and mechanical concepts through release to manufacturing. This position ensures that designs meet product specifications, as well as R&D design standards, and provides technical support on products already in production. The individual who "gets the gig" will work independently, with little supervision and have the ability to take a lead role on complex projects that require multiple engineers.
About the Job:
- Design, analyze, construct and evaluate electronic audio circuits, ensuring that all design standards and product requirements are maintained.
- Devise solutions to technical problems that arise in products in development and production, including safety and EMC compliance. Create engineering change notices as necessary.
- Use tools such as PCB layout software, schematic capture software, circuit simulation software, etc.to create and improve product designs.
- Work with project managers to define project schedules for hardware tasks. Keep project tasks on schedule and help find solutions to mitigate unexpected delays.
- Work with product development team to integrate digital elements with other parts of the product design.
What you Need:
- BSEE/BSET or equivalent is required.
- Significant experience in related electronics design. Typically, 7+ years is required, but experience level can vary, depending on relevancy of experience.
- Advanced design, analysis, and debugging skills sufficient to design electronic circuits for audio products.
- Proficiency with analog audio design, including discrete and op-amp circuits. Must be familiar with best design practices for low noise and high-quality audio.
- Familiar with PCB Layout practices for high-speed digital circuits.
- Experience with design and layout for serial bus protocols (i.e. I2S, USB, I2C, SPI)
- Experience with Bluetooth / WiFi radios and circuitry is a plus.
- Experience working with ARM processor platforms.
- Experience with memory interface circuits such as DDR.
- Familiar with EMC design practices. Experience with solving EMC and safety compliance problems.
- Ability to construct electronic circuits using basic tools. Good soldering skills. Experience working with small packages, and small pitch PCB components is a plus.
- Good technical and non-technical communications skills.
- Project planning skills.