The Project Engineer (PE) is responsible for directing a large single discipline or small/medium multi-discipline engineering design team throughout the entire project cycle from initial concept through successful completion. The PE manages the organization, control, integration and completion of a design only project or the design portion of a design/construct project to ensure that the goals and objectives are accomplished in accordance with the scope, budget and schedule conditions as established by the terms of the contract. The PE possesses sufficient technical knowledge and awareness of design details to recognize technical problems in assigned disciplines and to initiate appropriate corrective actions.
- Plans, schedules, conducts and coordinates the technical and management interface on assigned projects.
- Develops and monitors project engineering schedules, budgets, and forecasts including Middough Work Process tools.
- Reviews project/engineering deliverables for compliance with accepted engineering principles, company standards and customer contract specifications.
- Designates who will have responsibility for phases of a project and establishes scope of authority
- Develops and maintains monthly project status reports and executes engineering change authorizations (ECA) as required.
- Works directly with client to market, scope, estimate and execute single and multi-discipline consulting (T&M) work on a continuous basis.
Skills and Qualifications: Identifies the preferred skills, experiences, education and certifications for this role.
- 8+ years engineering experience
- Experience with and general knowledge of contract and liability issues
- Accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Chemical or other Engineering discipline required
- General knowledge and experience in a refinery environment
- General knowledge of bulk material handling
- PE license preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of this job, the employee will:
- occasionally be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls;
- frequently use up-close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.