- Assists the Project Manager, Engineering Manager and Construction Manager in coordinating the team’s project execution.
- Ensures project ideas/concepts have proper justification and basis per corporate standards and scope.
- Develops, designs and performs cost estimation and prepares/submits “Authorization for Expenditures” (AFE’s) for capital and expense projects per project scope.
- Supports the preparation of specifications to procure materials and equipment for a timely and efficient execution of projects.
- Provides technical support to all departments that will result in safe, efficient and cost effective installations.
- Supervises contract personnel for engineering, design and installation of capital, expense and maintenance projects.
- Performs cost tracking and status reporting for assigned projects.
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously within a managed budget and execution schedule.
- Follows all safety rules and guidelines as established by the facility.
- Excellent ability to communicate and interact with other disciplines.
- Proficient project coordination and management skills.
- Ability to read and interpret company policies, regulatory guidelines, and other work-related documentation.
- Ability to abide by confidentiality requirements when working with sensitive information, results, and communications.
- Skilled in providing thorough, efficient, and effective customer service to individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal methods.
- Ability to accomplish work within required timelines, including short, long, and emergency timeframes.
- Ability to cross-train in other department duties to ensure efficient coverage of department responsibilities.
- Ability to work with others to accomplish challenging assignments.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple assignments to ensure completion of tasks within stated time requirements.
- Basic skills using Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Word and Excel).
- Bachelors of Science degree or higher degree in Mechanical Engineering required.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in refinery/chemical/petrochemical facility engineering and engineering project execution.