Project Engineer Seeking entry-level Project Engineer Function The position involves the application of TechnipFMC’s FUEL-FACS refined petroleum business accounting software product. This includes evaluation, specification, design, procurement, drawing preparation, assembly, configuration, integration, testing, training, and start up and commissioning activities related to industrial control system projects based on TechnipFMC’s FUEL-FACS product. The position involves travel (domestic and international) for commissioning and start-up purposes. Travel fluctuates year by year, but on average is estimated at twenty-five percent. RequirementsWorking knowledge of:
- Programmable logic controllers such as Allen-Bradley/G. E. Fanuc/Siemens, etc.
- Discrete and analog wiring methods
- I/O hardware layout, panel design and panel fabrication
- Instrumentation and control valves
- Engineering design/drawing standards including P&IDs, mechanical flow sheets, logic drawings, loop drawings, electrical one-lines, etc.
- Experience/exposure to serial data communications (RS-232/485, Modbus, OPC) and network applications (EthernetTCP/IP)
- Experience with PC systems (including hardware and networking) and PC software such as MS Office suite, SQL and otherdatabase systems
- The person should be a team player, action oriented with good communication skills, the ability to work remotely with little supervision and the ability to work with all levels of management.
- Must be flexible to the demands of the organization for rapidly changing workloads and very urgent deadlines from time to time.
- Must be able to comply with established and evolving procedures, as well as perform directed functions for which procedures may not exist.
- Must be tolerant of work requiring detailed accuracy as is typical in design and application engineering positions. This includes organization and presentation of information in a concise, engineering format.
Compensation TechnipFMC provides a competitive salary, with a full benefit package including employer paid health, dental, life insurance, AD&D, and 401K. In addition, TechnipFMC works a nine by nine schedule, where employees normally work nine days in a two-week period and receive every second Friday off. TechnipFMC promotes from within, and continuing growth should provide opportunities for career growth and advancement.