Currently, LCE is seeking a Project Engineer who will work in Japan for months at a time. Relocation is not required for this position. Please find the position details below and additional details about our company, culture and benefits at the bottom of this post.
The Project Engineer will work in Sasebo, Japan at the Naval Ship Repair Facility and Japan Regional Maintenance Center (SRF – JRMC). Qualified candidates for this role will leverage their previous shipyard maintenance and engineering experience to provide engineering leadership by applying waterfront experience to help facilitate Project Team priorities while adhering to the Technical Community disciplines and requirements. The main focal point of responsibility is to ensure satisfactory technical adjudication and certification of all work and tests expected to be completed during an availability to ensure the ship is fit to fight in support of underway missions.
- Contract SpecificationsMust be a US citizen with passport with the ability to obtain/maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
- Role & ResponsibilitiesProvide engineering leadership and support for U.S. Naval ship repairs, maintenance and availabilities.
- Ensure satisfactory technical adjudication and certification for all work performed during an availability.
- Generate, process and review Task Group Instructions (TGIs), Departure From Specification (Client) requirements and Liaison Action Requests (LARs)
- Education & ExperienceBachelor's degree in engineering discipline
- At least 10 years waterfront leadership role experience for the maintenance and/or upgrade of U.S. Naval ships.
- Experience with Advanced Industrial Management (AIM) program for the development of Task Group Instructions (TGIs) and accomplishment of Job Summary reviews.
- Understands proper work breakdown structure for bubble chart approval.
- Organize and lead job scoping meetings.
- Understands Technical Authority.
- Understands Client requirements and able to generate, process, and review as necessary.
- Understands LAR requirements and able to generate, process, and review as necessary.
- Capable of understanding engineering drawings, and familiar with the application of NAVSEA and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) technical manual requirements.
- Coordinate the certification of key events for the overall availability certification.
- Technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) of at least one of the three engineering disciplines (Mechanical, Structural, or Electrical/Electronics) with respect to U.S. Naval ship maintenance.
- Physical Demands & ExpectationsAbility to travel and work in Japan for months at a time
- Regular physical activity to include walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, reaching, standing, prolonged sitting and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Ability to speak, read, hear and write, with or without assistance
- Ability to use phone and computer systems, copier, fax and other office equipment