Job Duties and Responsibilities
ManTech is seeking talented engineers with skills and background related to project engineering and project management of launch vehicle and/or satellite systems in the areas of aerospace avionics systems, subsystems, and components.
· Review and analyze LV design, manufacturing, test, and flight data and produce integrated technical assessments on current and future design, test, manufacturing, and operations.
· Prepare assessments of Engineering Review Boards including risk recommendations.
· Support Customer acquisition functions such as requirements development, request for proposals, source selection, and cost/technical/schedule/performance reports.
· Prepare Customer team for, and support rehearsals and launch operations and anomaly resolution.
· Perform technical and engineering data management, such as data mining and reporting.
· Plan, coordinate, and brief at Chief Engineer Review Boards and other meetings.
· Collaborate with Aerospace Corporation, Launch Vehicle Contractors (LVCs), Launch Sites, factories.
· Prepare weekly and other written evaluations and reports of a technical nature.
Mandatory Skills Required:
· Strong work ethic, self-starter. Able to work independently. Strong team player. Analytical and critical thinking skills, Strong written, oral, communications, and presentation skills.
· Knowledge of Atlas/Delta aerospace avionics systems highly desired
· Direct experience with Launch Vehicle Avionics systems design, test, manufacturing, and operation is mandatory, e.g., power, harnesses, control electronics, guidance, navigation, communications, telemetry
· Experience with flight and development hardware integration, testing, flight and anomaly resolution
· Knowledge and experience with government and commercial industry standards for launch vehicles.
· Demonstrated ability to assess design drawings, processes, and procedures of avionics systems.
· Demonstrated ability to work across multi-disciplinary teams during design, test, and evolution.
· Experience in design reviews, pre/post-test reviews, failure analysis reviews
· Experience with Air Force Launch and Range systems and Los Angeles AFB (SMC) Launch Enterprise
· Applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR §120.15)
· Exceptional skills in Microsoft Office suite, especially MS Word, PowerPoint and Project tools
Other Skills Preferred:
· A strong background in Systems Engineering concepts, and launch or satellite systems is desired.
Qualifications Requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and ten to twelve years of related experience or Master’s degree (in an engineering discipline) and seven to nine years of experience.
Degrees Equivalent Experience/Education
Years of Experience 10-12 years w/Bachelors Degree
07-09 years w/Masters Degree