WSP is currently seeking a Project Engineer to join our Land Development department, located at our Whitby office. Reporting to the Manager this position will be responsible for a variety of green field and land development projects for residential, commercial, retail and institutional sites.
- Work with clients and the Land Development team on GTA land development projects;
- Manage the design team and ensure client expectations and business unit standards are met;
- Obtain land development approvals acting as a liaison between client and approving authorities;
- Participate in the preparation of proposal and other business development activities and financial management of projects;
- Assist with staff mentoring and development;
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 to 8 years of experience in a consulting environment focused on GTA land development projects;
- Registered as a P. Eng. in Ontario preferred;
- Working knowledge of the land development approvals process in Ontario ;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Project management experience is an asset;
- A self-motivated individual looking for advancement opportunities;
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD v12 and Civil 3D v12;
- Valid Ontario driver’s license.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).