WSPis currently seeking a Project Engineer, Land Development to join our Infrastructure group, located at our New Westminster office. Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager, this position will work on Land Development projects for residential, commercial and industrial projects. You will apply your experience on preliminary engineering, due diligence reports, earthworks, site servicing, field inspections, proposal development, project management, and other related activities.
- Due Diligence reports;
- Preliminary design;
- Site grading / earthworks calculations;
- Detailed Design of roadworks and site servicing including water supply systems, sanitary sewers, stormwater management, lot grading, street lighting and erosion and sediment control during construction ;
- Contract Administration;
- Proposal development; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree in civil engineering from an accredited university;
- 5+ years of progressive experience in the design of land development and municipal infrastructure projects;
- Registration in good standing as a P.Eng. in British Columbia, or eligibility to be registered;
- High attention to detail, and an ability to work well as a team player;
- Knowledge of Lower Mainland land development markets with established local client relationships is an asset;
- Experience with all levels of municipal government, construction contractors and developers;
- Experience with AutoCAD and Civil3D as well as municipal infrastructure modelling software is an asset; and
- Excellent written and verbal communications, and presentation skills.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).