Job Title: Project Engineer Job Code: IMS20200608-48890 Job Location: Anaheim, CA Job Description:
This position is responsible for the technical success of the project output within the constraints of the allocated budget and schedule. This role specifically is technical management and coordination of engineering to achieve compliance with customer technical requirements in the field of AC and DC Power Conversion, protection, and software development. Essential Functions:
- Engineering Development
- Develop and drive good development processes and engineering best practices
- Follow methodologies and tools provided to improve engineering excellence
- Proposal Development
- Lead the proposal process for technical WBS definition, cost estimation, risk estimation, and technical schedule creation
- Interpret RFP requirements and lead the creation of proposal technical approach and content
- Project Management
- Lead efforts for unit testing, integration testing, verification testing, and pre-production (qualification) testing including efforts for defect tracking and correction
- Lead detailed technical WBS definition, cost estimation, risk estimation, and technical schedule creation
- Manage day to day technical aspects of the project, including cross-functional decision making, task/schedule management, issue resolution/escalation, communication, requirements management, and risk management activities. Activities overseen include software, digital, electrical power, mechanical, configuration management, and systems engineering.
- Lead activities to define system architecture and associated technical requirements
- Conduct design reviews to ensure that product elements meet requirements
- Lead definition of technical development plans (e.g., HW Development Plan, SW Development Plan, Integration Test Plan
- Support technical efforts for customer upgrade requests and change management for released products
- Work with functional management to obtain and manage proper engineering staffing
- Manage engineering budget and evaluate engineering Estimate to Complete. Identify to the Program Manager any cost growth and reasons for growth.
- Coordinate hand off to Operations and Field Support efforts (in/out of house).
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree (Engineering or technical degree preferred) and 6 years of related technical experience and/or training.
- Or Master's degree and 4 years of related technical experience.
- Broad based technical knowledge and experience in order to understand and evaluate design and development activity across the engineering functions. Preferred emphasis in Electrical Power Conversion Engineering and Systems Engineering experience highly desired.
- Strong experience in the full life cycle of hardware/software products from concept to production including system architecture, design implementation, integration, and verification/validation.
- Possess an understanding of good development engineering processes such as lean product development, Design for X (DFX), Six Sigma concepts, product life cycle management, and systems engineering
- Ability to analyze the assigned project, break down work into functional disciplines and plan out a means for the work to be accomplished.
- Prior experience with the military/defense contracting environment.
- Outstanding written communication skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills for internal and customer presentations.
- Strong experience in leading integrated product teams.
- Strong practical organization, facilitation and arbitration skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
- Specific experience in electronic power conversion equipment development.