The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.Position Summary
Performs a variety of routine assignments involved in either the coordination of various engineering, construction, purchasing, scheduling and start up aspects of a project, or the technical excellence of the engineering portion of a project across all disciplines. This individual typically performs in an administrative role with discretionary authority for determining alternatives, making specifications, and carrying out assignments as directed by a Project Manager.
- Oversees the engineering activity (all disciplines) on a small project, or designated portions of a project for a global business unit
- Plans and directs engineering assignments on the project
- Have technical responsibilities for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating these assignments
- Supervises the engineering activity on a relative small size project or designated portions of a larger Aviation project
- May exercise operational supervision over other project engineers when in a designated lead position
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of industry standards and design criteria within the engineering industry
- Strong knowledge of HSE procedures and practices
- Proficient knowledge of project engineering processes and procedures
- Proficient execution planning skills
- Strong in organizing and managing complex engineering activities
- Working knowledge of project control systems
- Working knowledge of the Aviation business and estimating processes
- Knowledge of proposals and bid processes
- Understands engineering estimate basis
- Understands contractual requirements for the project
- BS in an Engineering field with a minimum of 6 years' experience as a Project Engineer or a minimum of 10 years' experience as a Lead Engineer required
- Civil 3D, FAA and DoD experience
- Familiar with Engineering codes and standards required
- Professional Engineering certification in related discipline preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.