Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry and ranked as the #2 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine, we primarily serve the oil & gas, refining & petrochemical and chemicals industries providing engineering and construction of some of the world's largest refinery and petrochemical complexes. Our services include execution of major revamps and grassroots projects across petroleum refining, gas processing, liquefied natural gas, and associated offsite and environmental facilities worldwide.
Researches, develops, designs, and tests a variety of equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial and industrial purposes.
- Maintains effective communication with project team members and with the customer.
- Has comprehensive understanding of principles, theories, concepts, and industry practices and standards and their application.
- Responsible for performing all aspects of engineering and design.
- Works under minimal supervision, work is reviewed for adequacy on completion.
- May provide some technical guidance to less experienced design and engineering personnel.
- Manages 8-10 simultaneous projects with competing priorities in various execution phases on a wide variety of manufacturing processes in the refining and chemical complex.
- Develop project scopes of collaboration with operations, process engineering and discipline representatives.
- Facilitates project meetings to develop and review project scopes, design criteria and discipline drawings.
- Oversees engineering execution utilizing either on-site design staff or local Engineering companies.
- Accountable for meeting project cost and schedule requirements.
- Maintains budgets and schedules forecast with assistance from project controls.
- Works with site and corporate procurement to develop/implement a procurement strategy for each project.
- Assists with development of equipment and materials bid specification, bid evaluation and selection.
- 7ᆞ years of project experience required.
- EIT Certificate is required.
- BS in Engineering, Mechanical or Chemical preferred
- PE Certification preferred.
- Pipeline and refinery experience preferred.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Primary Location: United States-Louisiana-Baton Rouge
Job Posting: Sep 19, 2017, 2:41:01 AM