Directs and coordinates the planning, organization, integration, and completion of engineering projects within area of assignment.
- Plan, formulate, and maintain engineering timetable after defining customer and internal needs.
- Lead cross functional team of production, quality, design, and other teams dedicated to specific phases or aspects of project such as technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications, technical plans, and product testing.
- Close interaction with automotive customer as well as tooling, decoration, and component vendors, both domestically and internationally.
- Attend sales and engineering meetings to support product development at customer locations, when necessary
- Review product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Coordinate activities concerns with technical development, scheduling and resolving engineering design and performance issues. Report status and results to customer.
- Responsible for project timing through the successful completion of PPAP and launch
- Develop innovative 3D design of automotive parts for manufacturability and to meet customer requirements. ITW design features for product differentiation; work with attorney for patent protection when appropriate
- Ensure product designs meet or exceed customer, manufacturing, and financial requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineeringrequired
- At least 5 years Project Engineeringexperiencerequired
- Broad knowledge instrumentation and software technology and design
- In-depth familiarity with plastic products and their application acquired through at least 3 years of in-house experience
- Personally, driven and motivates others to excel
- At least 2 years’ experience working for Tier 1 supplier for automotive
- Skills and experience with CATIA 3D modeling is ideal – or with Solidworks, other 3D CAD solid modeling, surface modeling,
- Excellent communication both verbal and written. Proficient computer skills (MS Office)
- Able to organize projects, create timelines, and meet strict deadlines as needed
- Self-starter, effectively manages time and works with a sense of urgency
- Ability to motivate, guide and develop team of technical professionals
- Willing to travel; primarily domestic and occasionally world-wide