The Project Engineer III isresponsible for performing research and analysis of data such as customer design proposals, specifications, drawings, industry applicable codes and equipment manuals in the design and fabrication of production equipment packages. The incumbent interacts cross functionally with the designers, project manager, supply chain, manufacturing, and the customer on relevant project issues to ensure a reliable and robust production equipment package is fabricated on time and underbudget.
- Experience with sizing 2/3 phase separators, dehys, line heaters, absorber towers, regenerators, oil stabilizers, GPU and other process and production equipment.
- Develops process equipment vessel, tank and package designs for fabrication.
- Develops ASME Code & lifting lug calculations.
- Sizes piping, valves and controls.
- Participate in design and proposal reviews.
- Reviews customer specifications for compliance and/or deviations.
- Provides material requisitions for significant and/or long lead items.
- Provides engineering sketches and works with drafting to complete drawings.
- Approves vendor drawings; some design components are applicable to the position.
- Performs engineering calculations to size vessels, piping, and valves to develop flow diagrams to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and customer specifications.
- Ensures project engineering work is completed accurately and on schedule.
- Reviews bills of material and shop notes meeting the customer's requirements and specific requirements of the order in compliance with accepted practices and applicable natural gas industry codes.
- Interface with other team members in support of product standardization to maximize component design reuse.
- Travel to field sites and perform vibration, pulsation and modal testing as required.
- Interface with field technicians and evaluate data, draw conclusions and correlate data to models.
- Support warranty resolution through root cause analysis. Collect necessary field data as needed.
- Review recurring field and manufacturing issues and contribute to lessons learned presentations.
- Coordinates with drafting to develop general arrangement and assembly drawings for other departments and the customer.
- Coordinates with the shop to meet their assembly and shipping requirements for each unit.
- Provides regular updates of design status, drawings, BOM's, and buyouts.
- Attend weekly production meetings to give updates on the project schedules.
- Strong process engineering skills (fluid & thermodynamics, heat/mass transfer, process design etc.)
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Microsoft Project, HYSYS, ProMax, CFD)
- Must be able to interact professionally and effectively with all levels within the organization
- Strong influencing and collaboration skills.
- Strong communication skills, including public speaking, listening, negotiation and influencing others with attention to detail and diplomacy.
- Ability to work with multiple work groups and in a team oriented environment.
- Superb customer service, and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Effective time management, planning and organizing skills
- BSCE degree from a 4-year college or university in Chemical Engineering
- 8+ yearexperience in oil & gas industry
- 5+ yearexperience in engineering production equipment for natural gas midstream industry
- Experience with process vessels, tanks & modular process skid design.
- Experience with process simulation using HYSYS or ProMax
- Experience with ASME, API, GPSA and other applicable codes and standards.
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, Outlook.