Project Engineer III - Protection
- Serve as technical lead and actively participate in complex project conceptual and detail design, execution, development, and support activities crossing multiple projects in protection and automation.
- Identify, prepare and present successful proposals for SEL equipment, services, and systems.
- Expert knowledge of system protection, protective relays and their applications, settings, and testing
- Lead project teams to resolve customer concerns and foster customer satisfaction.
- Manage projects by reviewing and approving scope, schedule and budget for assignments.
- Ensure project team deliverables are within agreed upon scope, schedule and budget to a high level of quality and safety.
- Collaborate in SEL marketing, sales, application engineering and development activities.
- Mentor and develop professional staff. May supervise as necessary.
- Continuously identify, measure, and improve processes.
- Understand. Create. Simplify.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in ElectricalEngineering or relevant discipline
- 8+ years relevant application experience with electric power systems or industrial automation system practices
- Expert knowledge of electric power system protection and control, integration and/or automation and communications applications
- Demonstrated knowledge of electric power system design, studies, information and communication technology and protective relay applications
- Willing to travel both domestically and internationally a minimum of 25% based on focus area
- Demonstrated ability to lead and supervise project teams
- Excellent writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
- Professional Engineers License or equivalent certification
- Electrical utility, industrial plant, consulting engineering, or system integrator experience
- Project management experience
- Working knowledge of Vision or other project management tracking software