Project Engineer II - Protection
- Possesses, understands and applies knowledge and experience of power system protection and related SEL products in order to complete complex assignments.
- Lead in training and assisting customers with the creation, design configuration, validation, installation, commissioning and operation of automation and/or protection systems.
- Lead in assigning, completing and implementing work within agreed upon scope, schedule and budget to a high level of quality and safety.
- Lead others to create and finalize customer approved functional design specifications for projects.
- Assist in the identification, preparation and presentation of successful proposals for SEL equipment, services, and systems.
- Provide support for other SEL marketing, sales, application engineering and development activities.
- Mentor and develop professional staff. May supervise as necessary.
- Continuously identify, measure, and improve processes.
- Understand. Create. Simplify.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in ElectricalEngineering or relevant discipline
- 6+ years relevant application experience with electric power systems, industry practices, and power system protection practices and philosophies
- Demonstrated knowledge of electric power system protection and control, integration and/or automation and communications applications
- Demonstrated proven knowledge of electric power system design, studies, information and communication technology and protective relay applications
- Willing to travel both domestically and internationally a minimum of 25% based on focus area
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
- Professional Engineer License or equivalent certification
- Electrical utility, industrial plant, consulting engineering, or system integrator experience
- Project management experience
- Working knowledge of Vision or other project management tracking software