SEL Engineering Services, Inc. (SEL-ES) seeks a professional, innovative and detailed individual for our Project Engineer II/III/Senior – Project Management position in our Lutz/Tampa, FL field office. SEL serves electric power utilities and industrial companies worldwide through the design, manufacture, supply, and support of products and services for high voltage electrical system protection, control, monitoring, automation, metering, and integration. If you are looking for an opportunity to coordinate and assist in the management of multi-million dollar projects with internal and external teams around the globe, then this position is for you!
- Possesses, understands, and applies the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of project management to execute complex projects, with a primary focus on the application of SEL products.
- Lead projects and technical teams in the creation, design, configuration, validation, installation, commissioning, and operation of automation and/or protection systems.
- Manage projects within agreed upon scope, schedule, and budget to a high level of quality and safety.
- Lead others to create and finalize customer approved functional design specifications for projects.
- Assist in the identification, preparation and presentation of successful proposals for SEL equipment, services, and systems.
- Provide support for other SEL marketing, sales, application engineering and development activities.
- Mentor and develop professional staff. May supervise as necessary.
- Model, teach, and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
- Understand. Create. Simplify.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or relevant discipline
- 8+ years relevant application experience with electric power systems and industry practices
- 2+ years experience in a project management role
- Excellent and extensive focus on project management concepts as it applies to substation projects
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Project or other scheduling software
- Willing to travel domestically approximately of 25% of the time
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
- Professional Engineer License
- Project Management Professional certification or formal training in project management principles
- Demonstrated knowledge of electric power system design, studies, information and communication technology and protective relay applications
- Electrical utility, industrial plant, consulting engineering, or system integrator experience as part of an engineering services organization
- Working knowledge of Deltek Vision or other project management tracking software
This position is located in Lutz, FL. SEL’s field office is a 30-minute drive to Tampa, where you will enjoy a vibrant downtown and beautiful waterfront views. Tampa is rich in history and home to Ybor City, one of two National Historic Landmark districts in Florida. Enjoy easy access to beaches, outdoor recreation, and native wildlife. The Lutz area is quickly growing and offers great shopping and dining options.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.