- Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related discipline and typically 3 or more years of relevant experience
- Practical knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Functional understanding of cloud-based storage, processing, and infrastructure concepts
- Thorough understanding of requirements management, configuration management, interface management, schedule management, risk management, system design, integration, and verification and validation.
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary design and development teams
- Experience leading small projects with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with agile engineering task management (e.g. scrum)
- Proficient using Microsoft Office applications including MS Project for scheduling, resourcing and tracking progress
- Experience with generating project status material and briefing customer stakeholders
- Familiarity with developing engineering documentation (such as HW/SW design, analysis of alternatives, test plans, etc.)
- Experience assessing project technical performance, schedule, and financial risks; and coming up with risk mitigation strategies/plans
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance required
- Hands-on experience with cloud-based storage, processing, and infrastructure
- Working knowledge of networking and systems engineering principles
- Exposure to establishing and tracking key Technical Performance Measurements (TPM)
- Experience with System Deployments
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Background in the Aerospace and Defense Industry
- Experience working with geospatial customers including NGA, AGC, USGS, or other DoD.
- An active Top Secret with SCI eligibility U.S. Security Clearance
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies.