Lochner, a leader in transportation engineering, seeks a mid-level Project Engineer for our Tyler TX office.
- Apply knowledge of engineering to design roadway and drainage improvements for streets, highways and interstates.
- Clearly communicate work and ideas through drawings, documents, reports, and verbal exchange.
- Follow design standards to layout proposed improvements in MicroStation and coordinate design with design team members.
- Coordinate with reviewers to ensure accuracy and quality of work.
- Perform work within project deadlines.
- Provide alignment and profile development, geometrics, drainage, preparation of plans and construction estimates.
- Provide assistance with the creation and submission of technical reports, specifications, and calculations.
- Coordinate project assignments with those of other engineers and technicians in his/her discipline group.
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering is required.
- Licensed PE in Texas is required.
- 5-10 years of roadway and drainage design experience is required.
- PE or PM experience is highly desirable.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written).
- Demonstrated interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to mentor engineers and technicians.
- Demonstrated experience using MicroStation, GeoPAK and/or Inroads