Overall Coordination of projects assigned by Plant Engineer to support meeting and/or exceeding established plant goals.
- Develops detailed project plans, presents plans to management, and executes plans in a timely manner.
- Implements all capital projects for the Plant
- Defines and maintains all drawing and work flow documentation of Plant operations.
- Leads the plant implementation team in implementing new products and/or processes; participates in company IP calls and communications.
- Performs time studies and identifies standard operating practices.
- Assists in defining improved process flows to support the plant operations and continual improvement process.
- Actively participate on assigned teams and/or projects.
- Support and represent company as a union-free environment
- Provide a safe and productive work environment, including housekeeping.
- Participate in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives
- Role model CITE and Working in Teams principles
- Perform other tasks as directed by direct supervisor
This position has no supervisory requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering or related discipline; extensive work experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- Minimum of 5 years of manufacturing project engineering experience; wood related preferred.
- Must have experience in material flows, continuous improvement practices; and process analysis.
- Experience in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Six Sigma training is a plus
- Excellent personal computer skills in a network environment; Microsoft products experience preferred - Outlook-Word-Excel-Extensive MS Project software experience.
- MS Project software proficient
- Auto-Cad light proficient
- Track record of successful project management
- Experience working in a team environment and in leading teams.
- Management style must be consistent with CITE Principles
- Strong planning/Organization & Time Management skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.