Harris Corporation is seeking a Project Engineer for the Palm Bay, FL location. This is an opportunity to take on unique challenges, expand your skills and experience, and contribute to next generation C4I technology products that support the U.S.A. and our allies. You will join a great team of talented professionals with world class technical expertise who take a collaborative approach to engineering and enjoy working together. We are a company on the move, growing in the area of C4I; with a long history of innovative and exceptional performance, we have earned our place as a trusted provider to our customers.
In this position, you will build on your engineering background and team leadership experience to take on a project engineering role for a C4I SATCOM program. You will be responsible for project engineering leadership from design through site installation for a team developing cutting edge systems to enhance the capabilities of warfighters for the U.S.A. and its allies.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related discipline.
- 6+ years of design engineering and technical lead experience (or 4+ years with a Master's degree).
- Experience in product life cycle management from design to product launch; including building and leading the project team.
- Experience leading a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- Experience managing projects with budgets of $500K+
- Experience developing and managing schedules and budgets for cost account management and EVMS.
- Experience developing plans to achieve technical, cost, and schedule requirements.
Additional preferred qualifications:
- Interim or active US DOD Secret Clearance
- Ability to implement and/or adapt project execution plans and manage resources from multiple development groups.
- Experience with C4I technology products or other government/DoD contracts.
- Knowledge of SATCOM systems, fiber optic media converter systems, data links, RF systems, and Modems.
- Strong written and verbal communication and negotiation skills to work with internal and external resources.
- Ability to present to internal and external customers.
- Strong personal leadership, influence, and motivational skills.
- Experience with requirements derivation, writing, and tracking using DOORs (or equivalent) including requirements verification traceability matrix (RVTM).
- Experience in developing statements of work for subcontractors and ensuring performance of those subcontractors. Flexibility to travel for customer purposes as required.