To manage capital projects throughout the entire project cycle, from initial concept through successful completion. To finish assigned engineering projects in accordance with customer specifications and within schedule and budget limitations, coordinating activities of cross-functional projects team, contractors, and vendors
- Designs methods for maintaining or increasing projects while improving production costs, yields, quality, and safety.
- Troubleshoots project problems and identify solutions which reduce downtime and conserve maintenance costs.
- Monitors project equipment to identify potential errors and develops solutions to eliminate the reoccurrence of those problems.
- Designs and conducts plant trials to determine the test methods, procedures, parts, and equipment needed to implement engineering changes.
- Determines the layout of piping, equipment, and utilities for project engineering changes.
- Interfaces with all levels of management and employees to gather information and provide guidance for implementation.
- Develop accurate and efficient Process and Instrument Drawings for projects through the use of customer specifications, generalprocess descriptions, company standards and verbal instructions. Designs will include Clean-in-Place (CIP) systems and interfacing as required.
- Ensure project system design complies with State and Federal regulations.
- Check drawings for drafting and engineering errors to produce a complete system design for presentation to customers.
- Utilizes GPS processes, driving zero losses and upholds the culture of Glanbia Nutritionals non-negotiables.
- Manage and control capital budget planning for a particular area – help plant prioritizing key projects that will lead to business growth and reduce cost of manufacturing.
- Serve on committees as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Particiapte in capital planning sessions.
- Improve reporting systems and processes used in engineering.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or aminimum of five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combinationof education and experience.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees oforganization.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, handle multiply projects simultaneously and delegate assignments to others.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources
- Participate in proactive team efforts toachieve departmental and company goals.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Typical Environmental Conditions
- May be exposed to loud noise levels (i.e. manufacturing equipment).
- May be exposed to humidity, intense heat, and areas with possible air contamination, fumes and toxic chemicals.
- May work in areas with mechanical moving parts, above ground with risk of fall, or areas with risk of electrical shock.
- Minimal travel limited within the local area.
Must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation efficiently and accurately without causing significant safety threat to self or others. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of workbeing performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.