The Project Engineer will develop and execute manufacturing plant capital projects including scope, schedule, budget, procurement, installation and performance. This role will provide technical solutions across the Hannibal site, working with a cross functional team.
- Lead Engineer on capital projects – overall project management, budget, schedule management, construction management, start-up, conceptual phases, project close-out, scope development, cost estimation, system design, equipment sizing and selection, procurement, installation, check-out.
- Lead system design standards development for divisional unit operations. Includes improvements to existing standards using appropriate technical evaluation and involvement.
- Maintain engineering interface with business unit team – develop and maintain close working relationships with Research & Development, Quality, Manufacturing, Operations Leadership, and Financial Operations.
- Offer production support and troubleshooting assistance to Engineers, Team Leaders, and Maintenance.
- Provide innovative technical solutions required to meet business objectives with emphasis on productivity.
- Provide support to annual capital planning process, which may include development and management of the capital program for an operating department.
- Utilize Continuous Improvement (CI) tools, including but not limited to Early Management, Specialized Maintenance, Autonomous Maintenance, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Induced Failure Testing, and support CI and Phase Progression efforts
- B.S. (or higher) in Engineering from ABET-accredited program, PE certification preferred.
5+ years of project engineeringexperience in a continuous manufacturing environment.
Demonstrated skills in executing several large concurrent assignments with preferred emphasis on project management, productivity, and packing development.
- Demonstrated technical leadership, adaptability, analytical and problem-solving skills, decision making, trouble-shooting, communications, team management, and human relations skills.
- Strong ability to involve operators and mechanics in the project process.
- Experience working with plant technicians, leadership staff, outside vendors and managing contractors and engineering firms.
- Must have a good understanding of packaging and processing systems and a working knowledge of plant manufacturing, engineering, quality, and research functions.
- Thorough understanding of Food Manufacturing Regulatory Requirements (GMP’s, Food Safety, etc.). Experience working with EPA and OHSA regulations.
- Experience with continuous improvement, LEAN, Six Sigma, TPM, or related processes
Job Number: 7441