Founded in 1938 in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Foth offers a tradition of personalized, client-centered service and smart solutions to a variety of government, industrial and commercial clients.
Our more than 600 employee members deliver technical excellence to our clients in three main areas: Infrastructure, Environment, and Production Solutions. Internally, our members in Foth Shared Services provide support to all Foth companies in the areas of Finance & Accounting, Information Technology, Operations, and Organizational Development.
Foth Infrastructure & Environment, LLC is currently seeking a team-focused, innovative, and results-oriented Project Engineer for Marine Engineering Services who is looking for new learning experiences, opportunities for career growth, and a desire to contribute to our clients’ success. The position will be located in our Green Bay, WI, Minneapolis, MN, Chicago, IL, Milwaukee, WI, or Madison, WI office.
Project Related Responsibilities:
- Serve as technical lead/designer on variety of waterfront and coastal engineering related projects
- Perform coastal conditions calculations and structural analysis to develop/review design drawings for various types of marine infrastructure projects
- Support planning, engineering, and construction of various coastal shoreline protection and stabilization, marine/waterfront structures
- Work with Project Managers to establish and monitor project budgets, schedules, and deliverables
- Develop construction documents including plans and specifications
- Maintain knowledge of existing and proposed regulations related to marine infrastructure and coastal engineering
Discipline Related Responsibilities:
- Work with Foth’s Technical Competency Leader to develop Foth's technical library for the coastal engineering discipline
- Develop and continuously improve standard work practices for coastal engineering
- Support Client Team Leader efforts with new and existing clients to develop business, create proposals, and cultivate client relationships
- Prepare/review technical approaches and proposals for projects and/or coastal engineering tasks supporting large multi-disciplinary projects
- Interface with clients from proposal phase to project completion phase
- Make formal and informal presentations to both technical and lay audiences
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Structural/Coastal/Marine or Ocean Engineering with an emphasis in geotechnical engineering, structural engineering, coastal engineering, or related engineering degree
- Minimum 5 years of marine engineering experience in the areas of Marine Infrastructure and Dredging.
- Experience with developing construction documents including plans and specifications
- Professional Engineer license
- Master’s Degree in Civil/Structural/Coastal/Marine or Ocean engineering with an emphasis in geotechnical or coastal engineering
- Minimum of 7 years with an engineering consulting firm, with an emphasis in coastal engineering/marine construction.