Position Description: Barrick Nevada is looking for a Project Engineer with Financial Modeling Skills. The successful candidate will conduct project design, costing and implementation management in addition to managing engineering consultants doing specific detailed engineering, design and costing for the Goldrush Project; interface with operations staff and departments to obtain customer input and support of designs; interface with environmental department to ensure all permitting is in place to prevent delays to construction, commissioning and operation of capital projects; complete in-house design for improvements of the appropriate size and complexity; write and generate scope of work for construction projects; procure equipment, supplies and contracts, as necessary; perform other duties as assigned. Responsibilities:
- Participate in the study, evaluation, specification, design, construction, commissioning and operation of mine projects and expansions.
- Assist in the reduction of variation in the mine to mill process and the establishment of stable mining operations.
- Identify and evaluate new leading-edge technologies for both underground and open pit mines and introduce to the operations as appropriate.
- Working with project stakeholders to communicate objectives and project progress;
- Support creation and coordination of project effort hours, and cost estimates and budgets, and monitor progress and cost performance against these
Qualifications: To be considered for this job, applicants must meet these basic requirements:
• Bachelor of Science in Mining, Civil Engineering or related engineering degree or equivalent experience required
• Knowledge in operations, construction and project management required • 5+ years progressive experience required
• Experience with PMI project management preferred • Professional Engineer (Nevada) designation preferred
• Surface (civil, construction, concrete, structural steel, etc.) experience required
• Supervisory experience preferred
• Experience with managing contractors and contract management required
• Competence in MS Office required Oracle knowledge preferred
• Strong oral and written communication skills required
• Scheduling software experience required
• Ability to work in a teams required