JOB SUMMARY: As a Project Engineer, you own and dominate our RFI process. Working with the Superintendent and Field Engineer, you ensure all contract work is done as communicated in the project schedule. You demand a high level of construction and monitor the project for quality and scope compliance to ensure safety and satisfaction of Universal Orlando guests.
Ideal candidates will have a strong background in engineering (MEP) system design as well as review.
- Preparing complete, accurate and timely submittal and punch list logs for construction projects based on the project drawings and specifications. Accountable for tracking and receiving approved submittals from Architect / Engineer and / or Universal’s Creative team, and notifying the same if their review and approval has potential schedule impact. Keep the submittals on time to work with the project’s schedule.
- Prepare, respond to, and process RFI’s, accountable for tracking and receiving response in required time frame. Maintain RFI log as required. Keep the RFI’s on time to work with project schedule.
- During construction phase, proactively manages project to achieve quality, schedule, budget and safety. Utilizes and maintains schedule and document management to track and record project performance.
- Inform management of productivity, costs, quality control, document management and review of applications for payment. Notify management of any issues that arise which affects quality, budget, progress and safety.
- Distribute directives to contractors / vendors including drawings, specifications, and general conditions. Include any accepted alternates or addendums with documents. Assist Project Manager by reviewing all necessary back up relating to change requests and proposing a settlement value.
- Schedules all requiredconstruction meetings with required personnel including contractors, architects and owners. Takes accurate and complete meeting minutes and distribute them in a timely manner. Sets up and provides agenda for owner / architect / contractor pre-bid, project and closeout meetings.
- Submits building permit application, follow-up on review progress and tracks until approved.
QUALIFICATIONS: The Project Engineer must possess and exercise Commitment, Initiative, Integrity and Teamwork in the execution of their duties. While working closely with the Project Manager, Field Engineer and Superintendent the Project Engineer acts as liaison between the owner, architect, consultants, subcontractors and the project team using good communication skills to process administrative work including RFI’s, submittals, shop drawings, claims and change orders. The project Engineer will also be responsible for meeting minutes and assisting with scheduling.
SCOPE: Provides project engineering support and coordination between Universal’s Architects and Engineers and the Facility Contractor’s / Vendors
EDUCATION:Bachelor’s degree: Construction Management, Engineering, or Architectural.
- Minimum of 5-7 years design/engineering and general construction related experience.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the construction field.
- Strong and effective communicator, both verbally and written, who can interface cooperatively with various departments of the company, as well as Vendors and Contractors.
- Possess good organizational, analytical and problem solving ability.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Proficient in use- Microsoft Project software, and Meridian Pro-Log management systems.
- Represent the company at all times with high moral and ethical conduct.
- Knowledge of project management software; or equivalent combination of education and experience.