Posting Number: 201912TL
Job Title: Senior Project Engineer
Willing to Relocate: Yes
Summary: The Senior Project Engineer is responsible for providing technical expertise, project management and driving results across capital execution in the facility. Drive productivity improvements while ensuring the highest levels of safety, quality, sanitation and regulatory compliance.
- Adhere to and be familiar with OSHA regulations to maintain a high level of safety within project work.
- Partners with Operations, R&D, Quality and Maintenance to proactively ensure products are manufactured right the first time to meet the business objectives related to safety, quality and cost.
- Identify equipment needs to support implementation of new processes and products.
- Follow engineering standards on sanitary design for food safety and quality.
- Support the Maintenance Team in day-to-day activities and trouble shooting.
- Work with the Team to develop a culture of problem identification and solution, while encouraging a high level of cross functional communication.
- Act as a technical resource to the plant leadership Team.
- Advise and assist in start-up and troubleshooting of processes and equipment.
- Advise and assist in effecting design changes to facilitate installation, improve equipment efficiency and/or reduce cost of operation.
- Interpretation of plans and specifications, communicating and establishing control lines with crafts and contractors. Work to ensure construction/installations progress as scheduled and that work meets internal specifications and quality requirements.
- Support operational performance improvement efforts. Identify opportunities to reduce labor and/or energy and improve process and equipment quality and efficiency through sound engineering and design practices.
- To meet operational and capital project needs, it may require working some weekends and holidays.
BS degree in Engineering; Mechanical Engineering preferred
10+ years progressive manufacturing engineering experience
3 years engineering experience with meat and/or ready to eat process experience
3 years project management experience
Experience with large capital projects and or new plant startups.
Ability to read and understand technical schematics and drawings.
Only candidates who appear to meet the above criteria will receive an immediate response. Other resumes will be added to our database of active candidates for one year for other positions that come available and are a match with their background.